Community transmission cases 2,076


The Ministry of Health confirmed 245 new community cases as at 2pm Friday, 1st April 2022. This brings the number of community cases recorded since 17th March 2022 to 2,076 of which 583 people have recovered and 1,493 remain active cases. Approximately 97 percent of community cases are in Upolu with the remaining 3 percent in Savaii.

There are still no community cases recorded for the islands of Manono and Apolima Tai.

According to the Ministry of Health, the prevalence of Covid-19 infection is significantly higher among those aged from 15 to 35 and steadily increasing among those between the ages of 35 and 55.  Infection among children aged 4 and below is also increasing as well as among those who are 65 and over. A total of 20,643 RATs have been administered by the Ministry to date.