New confirmed cases 129, covid data currently stands at 1,493


The public is hereby advised that 129 new confirmed community cases have been recorded as at 2pm Tuesday, 29th March 2022.

The number of community cases recorded since 17th March 2022 currently stands at 1,493 of which 1,330 are active community cases.  Upolu accounts for 97 percent of total confirmed community cases with the remaining 3 percent in Savaii.

There are no community cases recorded for the islands of Manono and Apolima Tai. Of the community cases approximately, 56 percent are females and 44 percent are males. 

Data shows that the prevalence of Covid-19 infection is significantly higher among those aged from 15 to 35. 

However, data also shows an increasing rate of infection among those between the ages of 35 and 55.  The Ministry of Health confirmed 18,010 RATs have been administered to date since the first case was detected.