Samoa’s covid community cases, 1831


Samoa’s Ministry of Health confirmed 170 new positive cases have been detected as at 2pm Thursday, 31st March 2022 and of the 170 new positive cases, 166 are new confirmed community cases and 4 historical cases in quarantine at the border.

This brings the number of community cases recorded since 17th March 2022 to 1,831 of which 1,408 are active community cases.

Approximately 97 percent of community cases are in Upolu with the remaining 3 percent in Savaii. There are still no community cases recorded for the islands of Manono and Apolima Tai.

Data shows that the prevalence of Covid-19 infection is significantly higher among those aged from 15 to 35 and steadily increasing among those. The Ministry of Health confirmed 20,643 RATs have been administered to date since the first case was detected.